Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, August 26, 2018

Tired of the game


Happened to watch a police interview of a school shooter (clicky). Yet another typical case of hearing a voice in their head. The interviewer, however, didn't get it.

This had me wondering about a dream where mankind struggled with a nonphysical disease that struck kids (clicky). What if it's a matter of a spiritual immune system? There have probably been a lot of "rituals" that have brought plenty of entities into this realm, many of them probably still roaming about. If that's the case then mankind is in way over its head. To make it a bit more obvious, one could sprinkle a bit of Michael Tsarion on the matter (wars as ritual sacrifices), but there is no way to resolve the issue while mankind is waging wars.

Cut out some of the plastic and silicone rubber with black mold in the bathroom and replaced it with something new.

Dream: The game

A very typical dream of a game. It starts out somewhere in the basement of a building, where the player has to climb through all kinds of obstacles. The game gradually becomes more and more complex as the player progresses, and it's easy to slip and fall back to the beginning. All in all, the game tests everything from flexibility, stamina, stealth, intelligence, concentration and so on.

I've played it a lot, and I've restarted it so many times that I've become frustrated with it. I'm tired of it.

What I've learned of the game thus far:
  1. The game is slightly different each time it's played.
  2. The map is typically maze-like (lacks architectural logic).
  3. The map is like a Swiss cheese, full of secrets that are different each time.
  4. There's a huge infrastructure behind the game, hidden behind the secrets.
  5. Even if you progress just a little, it feels as if you've gotten far from the beginning. This causes addiction.

In hindsight, it seems quite similar to modern puzzle games like Portal, The Talos Principle, Antichamber, etc.

Regardless, here I was at pretty much the beginning. A bunch of people just ahead of me, blocking my path. So, waiting for the path to clear out. I think there was someone behind me who asked why I was holding the "Restart" lever on the ceiling. I had simply grabbed something with my left hand, without looking closely at what it is or what it's for. Back when I first started the game, there were no levers anywhere and I hadn't really bothered with the changelog. Anyway, I said: "Oh, is this lever for restarting the game? I'm at the beginning anyway so I might as well pull it." Pulled the lever all the way down .. in fact, descended to the floor while holding onto it. All the other players were like: "WtF NoOoO, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Pulling the lever forced other players to get away from me, isolating me to the beginning of the game. Looked around for a way to exit the game. Being familiar with the types of secrets within the game, I knew there had to be several exits. Found a service elevator.

Edit: A bit of geisting while typing this. Will describe later.

I thought the elevator was meant for personnel only. However, it had a player count on it, and I would be the last one allowed for transportation. As I stepped inside, I noticed that it was a horizontal elevator with semi-transparent vertical instead of walls. Through these, I could see a lot of corridors and rooms with people (saw just humanoid shadows) walking about and working. Even though the moving elevator must've been quite easy to notice, I still tried to lay low in a corner so that I wouldn't be seen so easily. I was surprised that nobody actually cared if I was in the elevator or not, or whether I had actually finished the game or just cheated. To me that didn't seem logical.

The elevator took me to a room that seemed to be the end of the game. There were some windows and through the blinds I could see large fields where players were still struggling. Someone activated the main doors. Out of reflex, I took cover and spawned nr. 4 (typical FPS reaction). However, it was just a couple of players that entered and they were friendly so I dropped the gun (they don't work in dreams anyway XD). In fact, they were a bit surprised that I was this cautious.

Anyway, I had somehow completed the game by giving up.

Dream: Cleaning and renovating

Most of the recent dreams have been about cleaning home and renovating it. Today morning I saw a house where I ventured all the way to the top floor just below the roof. The wooden bars had rotten through. Analyzed them, planning to replace them and rebuild the floor.

Geisting

Not a dream. I had a glass of apple juice + mineral water. A 15 cm tall glass, 6 cm in diameter. There was very little (1 cm of juice on a bottom about 2 cm thick) left in the glass. While moving the glass across the table to put it down, my arm became wet as if I had spilled some. However, judging by how smoothly I moved it, how tall the glass edges were and how quiet the surface of the juice was, I would consider it very difficult to spill it like that. Weird, but ok whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment