Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The burden of perfectionism

I was quite tired from having slept only for 6 hours again. Being bored before the first practical, I just stared at a small table in front of the bench I was sitting on. I saw the same effect - I was able to feel it move, but it actually didn't.

I started to think that maybe I have learned bio-feedback more than PK. Well, while practicing PK on an uncovered psiwheel, I could use the same "feel it move" kind of thing to control its direction - this makes it a bit suspicious (can bio-feedback affect reality? I doubt it.)



Today I recognized a character property of mine, that is probably inherited from one of my grandfathers - perfectionism. Whenever I fail to get something done in a perfect way, I throw it away and do it again. I have been under the illusion that I'm going to learn more when I start things from scratch. 

That's wrong - this way I keep doing the same over and over again, never experiencing the perfect result (nothing can be perfect in this world). At first I thought the ability to cast anything aside and start anew was why Tibetian monks were building mandalas and throwing them into the river. I don't think that's the reason anymore and me enjoying the disposal of unfinished work is probably just masochistic. I need to use all of my previous experience and use it to the fullest in order to gain new as I can never get rid of my old experiences anyway.

I think this is one of the mindblocks I keep stumbling on.

No comments:

Post a Comment