Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Some meditation

Read the description of this video yesterday night. I liked it even though it raises the old question that endangers motivation: "Practicing for supernatural powers, why even bother?" In my opinion, it's yet another way for enlightenment, so why not. In any case, I should meditate more on getting to know myself.

Watched "Ayurveda: Art of Being" (2001) today, which made me want to meditate again.

Meditated some and a couple of unpleasant focal meditation exercises came up again. I guess all of them can be solved by using the same technique - visualization and holding the visualization in place by keeping consciousness in a specific spot (seems to be somewhere backwards from the default) where nothing affects it. Well, I messed around with it and eventually fell asleep again.

I'm starting to think that perhaps when I feel like falling asleep during a meditation session, it's not sleeping. I used to wake myself up every time I fell into this state before. The difference is in the feeling when waking up - after meditation I feel peace and a great improvement in the ability to focus. After sleeping, I usually just feel refreshed and pumped with psi.

It's been a while since I last tried stasis field on the propeller moving at slow speed. I made such an attempt today again, as I haven't been seeing much of a progress at high speed. Today I could maintain the slow-down effect of the propeller for longer than before. For some reason, I'm still not accurate enough when it comes to the visualization and amplification of feelings. I still have a tendency to cause tension in my body when slowing the propeller down.

Although I was tired of attempting to shrink candle flame, I still made an attempt (not a very successful one though). I also tried to make it pulse. Couldn't quite get the right feeling of pulsation, but whenever I attempted to either shrink it or lean it fast enough, it started pulsing. However, as the candle was quite worn out, the pulsing could have come from the fact that the wick was toasted or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment