Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Saturday, December 24, 2016

Rituals must be finished

To be honest, I didn't consider it much of a ritual. But mid-today I suddenly realized I hadn't finished the ritual.

I'll list the steps:
  1. Gather in a circle.
  2. Start dancing (slower rhythms at first).
  3. A break.
  4. Gather in a circle, around a candle that has a ring of cards around it.
  5. One by one, everyone is welcome to circle around the ring of cards and pick one.
  6. Pens are handed out, to have everyone write down what it is they will relieve themselves of. And what the following life will be like.
  7. The cards are put on a table with candles in the four corners.
  8. Another session of dancing, with focus on becoming rid of what was written on the paper. Faster rhythms, ending with somewhat calmer songs with powerful messages.
  9. A break.
  10. Last session of dancing, the culmination of cleansing. Very fast rhythms, with chaotic and somewhat abrupt transitions.
  11. A break.
  12. Short meditation session.
  13. Gather in a circle around candles and food.
  14. Sing powerful songs - like chants ("Fly like an eagle," and the band's own songs).
  15. Hugging other participants and thanking them.
  16. Take the card, turn it around and read the quote for yourself.
Here's the step that wasn't mentioned .. and I nearly missed:
  • Wash off the sweat, visualizing letting go of what I wrote on the card. Must be done before going to bed (I didn't).
The issue was that the old constructs were anxiously clinging to me afraid of being released. So all of the old issues came back amplified and kept prodding me for half of the next day.

Typically I don't do rituals. I don't consider them necessary. It's easy to place too much importance in the rituals and forget what it's all actually about.

No comments:

Post a Comment