Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, September 30, 2019

Friend's wedding

Had planned to prepare everything and get a good sleep before the event, but in this I failed. For some reason, I became nervous about the event. To some degree, it felt as if I were preparing for my own wedding. An awesome event.

When I arrived at the point of rendezvous, I started looking for familiar faces but couldn't see any. At some point, a couple waved at me. I waved back and walked to them. They were friends of the friend. Even though we have never really been close, somehow throughout the wedding it was as if we were close friends. They offered me a seat in their car. At the banquet I had already picked my seat when they asked me to sit next to them. As it turned out, my seat was still the one which I had picked, with the new friends to my right.

There was a girl, whom I found attractive for some reason. I was sure she was too young and not my type anyway .. thick make-up, shy / depressed, and seemingly from a Russian family. She never looked at me, and I was relieved thanks to that. I had already taken my seat when the family took seats just across the table. Unfortunately, the girl occupied my view in such a way that I could not see what was going on in the middle of the room without looking straight at her. She was somewhat clumsy and dropped a fork or knife. Later when I had changed my seat and was chatting with another guy, either the girl or her brother (who sat next to her) accidentally tipped a vase on my table.

At the wedding, there were quiz and feedback cards. The girl's mother looked rather suspicious of me. However, her attitude changed when she saw me sketch something on the feedback card. The way she changed, seemed rather strange to me.

In general, I tried to avoid dancing, using the excuse that I didn't know how to dance. Anyway, that girl also didn't dance (nor did she participate in any social activities). Then at some point, my friend's mother told me that there was a girl who wanted to dance but I was the only one still free. So I tried to ask her to dance but before I managed to, her mother and brother took her to dance. So I danced alone.

My discussions with the guy I mentioned beforehand, took me outside the party noise and I did not really see the girl anymore. In the end, I was left puzzled. Was all this just to get me out of my comfort zone and ask random girls out for a dance? If so, then wouldn't there have been a less obscure way of achieving the same result?

Sidenote


I observed the way others danced, and came to the conclusion that very few of the participants actually knew how to dance. It just did not matter. I also found that while the band did not seem to be anything special, their rhythm was so good that I found it challenging not to dance. Which provided all the more reason for me not to dance. Taming the urges of the body with the mind.

Conclusion


Hmm .. Perhaps this was to point out that my idol / ideal is no longer compatible due to my decision to find a girlfriend and have a family. Now that I think about it, by the current design, my idol / ideal would never have settled down with a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment