Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, January 18, 2021

Stage curtains

While a few years old, I remember being fascinated by stage curtains. It felt as if they isolated the space, making it really difficult for my physical senses to tell my location. I could still imagine what it was like outside, but while surrounded by these, I could imagine I was somewhere else .. and it felt so real.

Last night it occurred to me that this could perhaps be used for teleportation practice. With the physical senses offering no help in telling my whereabouts, it should be easier to visualize that I'm somewhere else.

Could set up identical small rooms in two different places. Then step into one of these and imagine being in the other one. Ok, maybe there would have to be a small sign which indicates which room it is, so that I wouldn't have to exit the room to check each time.

Ever since I started working from the living room, I've noticed that the arrangement has some interesting side-effects.

There's a window and a ventilation system to my left. Each day feels different, for it seems that my second attention rests in different places. It's as if the light coming in through the window and the air coming in through the ventilation system bring images and feelings of places into my mind. I've found it very refreshing. This is a lot better than the setup which I had been having for many years - sitting in a corner, facing a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment