Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, December 27, 2018

Grumpy granny on saucer patents

Actually before watching Kimi no na wa, I had watched Texhnolyze which had a very sad ending but it hit the same spot as Kimi no na wa. Texhnolyze is very dark and bloody, so I wouldn't recommend it.

A part of the desire and emotions that I mentioned in the previous post, were about flying saucer patents. After reading quite a few of them, the passion decreased considerably. For me, most of the mysterious shroud has been lifted and I think I have realized at least the following:
  1. The reason why we're driving around in cars instead of flying around in saucers:
    1. There are plenty of problems that are still not easily solved with today's physics and technology.
    2. While there probably is technology that solves these problems, most of this physics and technology is still way beyond mainstream.
    3. In general, nobody cares because there's old and proven technology already out there and it's way cheaper to keep using it instead of funding sketchy R&D for tens of years.
  2. Most of the patents don't hold water, as it's just some inventors wishing for the big fish without having even tested a proof of concept.
    1. Well, I also haven't tested the proof of concept so I shouldn't be the one labeling something as "probably pollocks". However, most of the effects are too weak to produce enough thrust. At least one of the inventors actually mentioned this in one of their patents. All of his patents were about tricks to improve the thrust.
    2. Most of the patents are about the utilization of a single effect, without considering all the other factors. Most of the patents are still about ion wind, which would only work in lower atmosphere.
  3. A lot of conspiracy nuts (just like myself) are blown away by just images from patents instead of actually looking into the patents. I find it hilarious that among patents of flying saucers, there's at least one patent on a generic UFO-shaped amusement device for kids.
  4. Mainstream science is way more correct about things than most conspiracy nuts (including me) like to think.
Hmm .. or maybe I'm just becoming old?

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm convinced that by combining mainstream physics, there would be enough thrust for small vehicles. For sure it'll make for an interesting hobby. Also, while at it, might just as well find more pieces of the puzzle for actual anti-gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment