Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Various dreams


In one of the dreams yesterday morning, I was about to prepare for resting .. for some reason, inside a stone garden wall or something. I had prepared a nice hole in there. However, once I tried to step in, I found it a bit too tight .. nah, good enough for the sleep. Then, a few schoolmates / colleagues appeared, in need of my help. Postponed my sleep activities and helped them.

I have to admit that I actually enjoy performances. Replaced a colleague in giving a practical yesterday. This made me happy with a nice rush of psi.

A startlingly loud snap from an old PC monitor in the corner yesterday.

Felt tired and went to bed early yesterday evening (a lot of less-sleep nights). A lot of different dreams.

In one of these, I observed someone replacing the foot of an android robot. The old one had broken early, so the engineer (a woman) took a more expensive material, machined the parts and assembled it. To me, the old material looked as if more sturdy and more endurable (steel or titanium or something). The new material was black, looked like cheap plastic. However, obviously there was something about it that made it difficult to machine, because all the edges looked rough. But it worked and performed better than the previous material. I think it might've been carbon of some sort.

Near the workshop, there was an entity or a person describing the properties of different materials. Can't remember much of this detailed hi-tech discussion. Tho, while comparing copper to an improved conductor material, he said something about the structure of copper adjusting to another conductor on contact. Thin oxide layer, or perhaps the effect of welding? The improved material, however did not have these problems.

A dream in a virtual reality. Observed how the occlusion technology works in the graphics engine there. Satisfied with a demo of occlusion with some debug overlays of what I think also showed the grouping of batches of geometry with similar materials. Left for my room. The room was different from what I'm occupying right now. It was still nice. A small bridge construct on the bookshelf caught my attention. Observed it, patted it and found myself fascinated by the accuracy of the physics engine. The bridge was different from any bridge I've seen so far. Basically it consisted of ropes or strings that made knots around vertical wooden cylinders. When weight was applied on a wooden cylinder, it depressed slightly, while the knots became tighter and held the cylinder in place more tightly. This gave the bridge a soft look and feel, while it was actually pretty strong, supported a lot of weight and vibrations. Amazed, I wondered who had come up with such a design.

Stepped further into the room. To my right, there was an open door to sister's room. Sister was playing piano. About 1.5 or 2 meters from the piano chair, there was a quarter-circle of small statues .. as if listening her play. Statues of knights, as I noticed when I put forth more effort trying to determine what they were. Right next to the door, on the right, there was a lamp. Decided to step through the door and greet her. Noticed that the door frame had become really thin, so that I could barely fit my belly through (didn't know I even had a belly). As I stepped through the door sideways, left foot first, the lamp flickered heavily.

A pretty odd place (foreign building, foreign rooms, not crowded or cluttered as our rooms are now). Everything looked clean.

Obviously there was some energy work involved somewhere between the dreams. Felt very floaty until I got tired, got a headache (not used to the psi intensity yet) and then stress from thin air started to kick in. Somewhere from between the dreams, I remember a lot of heat and a psi flow so strong and the noise so loud that I .. must've lost consciousness or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment