Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, November 6, 2017

Hackathon

Although I was a mentor, I still lacked sleep. Not because I lacked time for sleep, but because I found it difficult to relax the racing mind.

Other than mundane coordination and quickfixes, managed to teach willpower and concentration to one guy, I think. Accidentally also helped one guy learn the lesson that "being really someone" amounts to nothing during a hackathon.

The last evening I handed over some leaflets to the winners and decided to catch up with others from our gang. They were taking rollups from ground floor up to our room, which was on the 6th floor on the other side of the building (two corridors and an elevator). Walked up to the corridor, looked around and since they were reaching the other end of the corridor already, I decided to run to catch up with them. Previously I have observed the aerodynamics of the posters on the walls, and I know that there is one door that opens into the corridor (dangerous for running) but there's most likely nobody in there. Felt like the typical physical limitations wouldn't apply this time. Started running, then accelerated, accelerated more and went just slightly beyond the typical physical limits of the body. I was in socks, without shoes and would've been silent if I hadn't had the large backpack with things moving around inside (as well as posters flapping on the wall behind me). At some moment, the Jiu Jitsu girl looked back and "Holy sh*t, did you see that?" Stopped and started braking, or, basically just slid with the socks on the polished concrete until I had closed the gap. They took the elevator, I ran up the stairs (though, nothing abnormal about that) because the elevators are slow.

TL;DR: Sometimes I've had the feeling that I could run abnormally fast (no air drag, fast motorics, barely any effect on stamina). It's a small feat before the almighty light-stepping, floating, levitation .. and probably blowing around like the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment