Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, October 8, 2018

Ego splash

Although I passed the exam with the highest grade, in my eyes it was a failure. While the written exam went alright (I've sat through a lot of written exams), I became way too nervous for the oral exam that followed right after. Very embarrassing and although I felt sorry for my existence for the rest of the week, I learned a lot about my psychology (and a bit of physics as well). I'm thankful for the lesson.

I did not meditate nor sleep enough before the exam. However, I relaxed too much .. which caused a wet dream, which in turn caused me to catch a little cold together with some sleep deprivation. Not the perfect combination for an exam. The wet dream caught me off-guard, I was so tired that it happened in the deep sleep state without even seeing any sexy integrals.

Amazing how everything around me reorganized in such a way that I could take the time and study. It's also amazing how two seemingly mutually exclusive outcomes were manifested. The universe works in mysterious ways, and the mystery sure is way beyond the physics nowadays. I have a lot to learn about physics as well as about the way that the universe works.

Finally got 1.5 d of vacation on Saaremaa. Fixed a couple of computer issues for aunt, helped with installing a pump and helped to plant bushes.

Yesterday uncle got 50 and he encouraged me to follow my ambitions. Today a NASA astronaut visited us at work and gave a very inspiring speech about on following one's ambitions.

Unrelated, except for symbolics. Had to reconfigure the networking of my RPi today evening but I only had a display and a mouse. Apparently Raspbian doesn't come with a virtual keyboard. Stopped whining, reconfigured networking and then installed the matchbox-keyboard. All by copy-pasting together commands from letters which I could find from different files on the system. Such a small thing but it felt at least as good as jumping into puddles (couldn't resist during my 1.5 d vacation).

1 comment:

  1. A couple of days after the exam, I just randomly read about enthalpy and entropy in the context of chemical reactions.

    This triggered a dream where I was in a classroom, solving exercises. People around me treated me like genius or something, whereas I was numb from the disappointment of my performance at the exam.

    In another dream, me and some kids had constructed a building out of some old rusty ships and submarines. Tourists were sincerely impressed. Even though I had to admit that perhaps it looked impressive, I was not impressed. All rusty and pointless.

    ReplyDelete