Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, August 22, 2021

Laptop feelings

Not very long ago, a colleague asked if I'd like to have a new laptop. My current one is like 8 years old and I've performed several surgeries on it already. I've implemented workarounds for the case, replaced the screen, replaced HDD with 1 TiB SSD, battery (3 times, I guess), upgraded RAM to 16 GiB, and swapped DVD writer against an additional 1 TiB HDD.

While I said that my old laptop was still working fine, I didn't decline the offer for the new laptop. I think it has been a couple of weeks since I received the work laptop. In the past few days it has happened twice that the old laptop just randomly blacks out, leaving inodes dirty and all.

I suspect that I might've hurt its feelings with the new laptop. Something similar happened to father when he got a new laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment