Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, November 7, 2016

Thermal cycles

Put some effort into dissolving the anxiety of working late one evening. Then the next evening I realized that I need to redo the tests and the only time to do it is the very same evening. One of the thermal chambers stopped cooperating (CPU battery empty), so the tests even got delayed further. Gradually it dawned on me that I won't make it for the last bus back to town. Packed and left anyway. Whatever, will hitchhike. Or regularhike through all that snow (something like 4 hours with a large backpack full of equipment).

At like 30 meters from the building (before I had even tried to hitchhike), a car stopped. It was the director of the science popularization centre. He was going the opposite direction but asked if I wanted a lift to the bus stop, and asked when the bus was going to go. When I said I missed it, he took me to the town. Haven't felt sincere happiness like that for years, perhaps.

Workshop on the weekend, so a lot of sauna and cooling cycles in snow. Barely any sleep, tho.

Walked to the bus station last night, because there were no buses that late anymore. Had planned for it to take a long time, because there was quite thick snow on the roads. Arrived early, because apparently the roads had just been cleaned. Enjoyed the walk, as it somehow associated with a pilgrimage hike in Tibet. About 1 hour of waiting outside. That was cold, and no longer reminded of anything other than waiting there in the cold. Tried to witness the cold from a 3rd person perspective, but the effect was only temporary.

I want to overcome the effect of cold.

Quite a summer in Italy. Walked 3.8 km with luggage, which helped to heal the cold damage, I hope.

Edit: Identified split-seconds moments of super-deep sleep within taking short naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment