Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, February 11, 2018

Short summary

Rant


It seems that I cannot flee from the problem of having to work on a dozen different things at the same time. No matter where I go or what I do, I seem to always end up swamped in work. Need to cope with it.

Instead of working 1.5x full-time at a half-time position (and skipping holidays), I decided to leave for another job. There's still school (PhD) stuff to do (the other entity that I worked for, merged with the university), so half-time for starters. However, the company is having a hard time and another main developer left. So, I've ended up with 2x full-time at two half-time positions, with about 4 different topics that need constant context-switching. So much for going to a company for "vacation". Facepalm. I love to challenge myself, so I guess I just need to figure out how to turn it all into meditation and enjoy it.

Hint: meditate, mate


For 2 mornings in a row, I witnessed someone sitting on seats across mine and meditating in the bus. Noticed the contrast - there's someone meditating before work, and here I'm reading conspiracy subreddit and listening to Doom 3 soundtrack. That made me quite jealous. Decided to change the music genre and meditate more often.

"Cute Baphomet"


Rant aside, yesterday I stumbled upon a crappy conspiracy post on reddit .. about some journalist figuring out what the god of freemasonry was. Whatever, but for the first time I took a closer look at the Baphomet drawing (Sabbatic goat) that's generally considered the essence of all evil. However, I failed to find anything evil about it. Instead, to me it looks like a symbol of fertility and a pretty good illustration of balancing the sexual energies, and of bringing them up to the central flame. Perhaps there's a general misinterpretation of the symbol?

Started re-wondering about the tetragrammaton as well.

Auric sight


While walking to work from the bus stop one morning, I saw a bright white light across the field on my left. Turned my head towards it and looked at it directly - couldn't see it. Looked forward again, and I could still see the bright light from the peripheral vision, but soon after that it disappeared altogether.

Today while preparing slides for a lecture, I saw something shadowish come next to me to see what I was doing. I looked at it, thinking it was the cat but the cat was not in the room.

Dreams

A few nights ago I left a lecturing hall and found myself in a school building the size of a whole town. It had different wings for different levels of education but otherwise covered everything from kindergarten to postdoc. Lost my autopilot as I reached the first intersection. Never before had I paid any attention to how large the whole thing was and what all was there. Decided to glance at the library but I was disappointed at how small it was. It was just a robotic archive. Then went down another path, through some closed doors, past long halls full of server racks (the real library), until I got to an enormous cellar packed with a large amount of generators and transformers of some kind. Again mostly maintained by robots, with just a couple of engineers routinely checking some stats.

A couple of nights ago I appeared in some kid's room and taught robotics.

Saw sister come home last night (probably around when she actually did). Though, the environment looked more cluttered than this realm.

Last night I thought I hadn't flown for a while. Took off, and happened to cross realms from home streets to some place with pretty landscapes and multicolored crystal structures. The dream ended too soon, though.

Probably a lot more interesting dreams that I've forgotten to post about.

No comments:

Post a Comment