Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Monthly humiliation

I would not have thought I was that weak. Earned a monthly dose of humiliation today.

On Monday morning, I had to wake up 3 times to battle pain in the eye. My condolences to all the pincushions out there, I feel you. Had some trouble keeping the eyes open while waiting for the bus but the rest of the day was bearable. So, I spent the free hours of Monday evening meditating and sleeping instead of staring at the computer screen.

Slept nicely today morning and felt better. Went to work and all hell broke loose. Installed some eye drops and endured until the lunch.

Then suddenly I was pouring a lake on the canteen desk and could no longer keep my eyes open. Kept blowing my nose, too, for it's rude and disgusting. It was a real challenge to eat the salad, but even more of a challenge to eat the dessert while listening to a former colleague describing issues from one of the spacecraft for which he's providing services.

After what seemed like forever, I had to somehow force through it to maneuver through the canteen desks full of people, carrying the dishes. I was lucky - did not have to close my eyes nor did I let anything fall.

While trying hard to make my way up to the office on the far end of the 2nd floor, I met other people who greeted me .. I tried to greet them back. One of them was even there with kids who then had to witness a pitiful 31 year old wuss with a grimace of pain stumbling along the corridor while holding to the rails, crying. Actually just uncontrolled watering of the eyes but who cares, looks just like crying anyway.

Anyway, made it to the office. Took the droplets and stumbled into a luckily unoccupied meeting room with a sofa. Some more drops on the eyes and took a short nap.

Went back to work, wondering whether I should head home immediately or wait for other colleagues to take me to the town. Opted for the latter, due to which I had to role-play a pum with a hangover (covering my eyes with a hand from all the lights) in the bus ... again that same crappy geezer crying in front of kids. A "perfect" idol / ideal for the future society.

That's enough of humiliation for the day, thank you karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment