Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Triangular contraption

Replaced the sheets and managed to get 7 hours of sleep last night, yay. Shall describe one of the dreams in the subsection below.

Today I've been feeling rather tired. At some moment also felt very uncomfortable at work. Sat through the feeling, some tension was released and a wave of heat raised up the body, starting from the stomach / abdomen.

Mentioned in the comment of the prior post that I met another friend while I took the packages back from the lab at "X". He was trying to get a Chinese motor controller working. A lot of messing with the wiring, and then the motor swayed to one side, then to the other and so on, due to the periodic switching of polarity.

Dream: Competition


There was some kind of a science experiments / electronics gadgets competition and for some reason I was in the committee. There was a stage, chairs for the audience and the auditorium was surrounded in a black cloth.

The first person to demonstrate his work was a former colleague and a friend. From the looks of it, he had built it on a whim, with a single night. I think it had some kind of a triangle and a circular / elliptical electromagnetic coil at one of the corners. Instead of really demonstrating it, he just handed it over and told us to power it.

We did, but it didn't seem to be working. I did notice that some of the stuff on the table started resonating with his device, dissipating the energy which I thought the device was supposed to accumulate. So we cleared the table of irrelevant things.

When I looked back, I think the triangular object had replaced with something which looked like an aeroplane gyroscope with its motor + some driver circuits. Fairly typical of dreams - things morph into something else when you're not locking them with constant attention. When I looked back at the power supply, it had replaced with a rack containing a signal generator and a power amplifier.

After switching it on at the resonant frequency and cranking up the power a little, the device started spinning / oscillating with an increasing frequency. Different nearby objects occasionally got into resonance with the device but these objects were now far enough not to dampen the oscillations of the device itself. I think this device, too (like in almost all similar dreams), started drawing more power from the amplifier than what I had turned via the knob.

I half-expected it to keep going until the device itself, the power amplifier or the signal generator blew their fuse. However, to my surprise the system stabilized just before it reached the limits of the setup and I think it became self-sustaining.

The first experiment and I was already so amazed that I would have given the maximum points.

No comments:

Post a Comment