Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, May 10, 2010

Overjogged

My head occasionally hurts pretty bad today and while the rest of the muscles no longer hurt, the neck still does. I think I actually have managed to catch some cold and I don't feel like I really wanted to sit down for hours and attempt to heal myself.

Two days ago, I thought "I should get well for Sunday", but I was almost lacking motivation for this. Well, I was still amazed, when I woke up on Sunday, all pain suddenly gone and feeling refreshed from a good night's sleep.

=D I guess I kind of overdid it with the jogging.. 

Yesterday evening before going to sleep, I tried the covered psi-wheel again and not much of a change - I still need some more practice before I really get it twitching (so far it's on or in the boundary of self-illusion).

One thing that occasionally seems to help is looking at the whole psi-wheel, trying to feel it as a whole. When I do this, it usually looks as if it were to start twitching and then I lose the feeling of the whole.

For most of the time so far, I have been looking at some specific place on the psi-wheel (center, one of the edges or at some text on the psi-wheel paper). It works, at least sometimes (with the psi-wheel uncovered), but it makes it more difficult to visualize it spinning instead of morphing or levitating an edge.

The "Just do it" method does not seem to be working when I don't have the feeling of it spinning. So, I sometimes do the following:
  • Look at one edge of the psi-wheel and visualize a pulling / pushing force acting on the edge.
  • Take the next edge and do the same.
  • Repeat this for a few rounds.
  • Look at the psi-wheel or one of its edges with a clear mind (try the "Just do it" method).
I'm not sure if it works, but it could help with tricking yourself into doing this, I guess. I have only tried it for a couple of times so far..

No comments:

Post a Comment