Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, May 23, 2010

Seeing with eyes closed

A week or two ago, I was taking a shower and some shampoo went into my eye. I couldn't wipe it with anything, as my hands were also covered in shampoo. So, the only way was to finish washing my head with my eyes closed. I picked / put back the shampoo bottle or shower nozzle with no mistakes. So, I decided to wash myself completely with my eyes closed.

It seemed weird for a moment, but then it came to my mind that I know where everything is by heart and there's no need for me to even see anything. Furthermore, as most of the time, when I'm with my eyes closed, I can still see (to some extent) probably because light still penetrates the eyelids. I even confirmed it by closing my eyelids more forcefully and I couldn't see a thing anymore.

I have confirmed the same in my dark room - I can see my hands, legs and some furniture around me, but when I forcefully push my eyelids together, everything goes black and I can't see nothing anymore. This indicates that it's normal for the eyes to become sensitive enough to see through the eyelids in the dark.

Strangely though, while taking a shower today, I messed everything up with my eyes closed. I couldn't pick the soap even when I visualized picking it first. I was like truly blind with my eyes closed this time. My accuracy was from a few millimeters down to 30 centimeters or so. =? This failure makes the previous seem a bit suspicious - the locations of the soap, shampoo and shower nozzle haven't changed and even the lighting conditions were exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment