Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Minor stuff

.. which I wanted to post so that I would not forget them.

A ceiling lamp at the canteen has given way again. Lighting effects like Akira, Elfen Lied or some horror show. However, I haven't been sitting at that spot very often because it's right next to the door to the patio and it's cold there during the autumn / winter season.

Mystery packages


On Monday, a couple of packages arrived at the institute. No recipient name, just a phone number. The phone number belonged to a friend of mine, so I contacted him. Or rather, it was his old phone number when he used to work at a place X.

He said there's no way he ordered anything, and seemed a bit unsettled about it. And to be honest, it would not make sense for him to ship it to our address (he has never worked there).

I agreed to take the packages to X, if they had somehow indeed managed to order electronic components using an old account and somehow had them shipped to a totally different address. I was pleasantly surprised that my card opened all the doors and I could lay the packages on the table like a ... well .. whatever. There were two girls there who knew nothing about any package orders.

It nagged me, though, that I kind of like remember this friend asking me if it was okay to order something and have it shipped to the institute. But the memory seems blurry as if he asked that in a dream. I remember saying "yeah, sure" but I don't remember what it was or why it would've been good to have it shipped to the institute. Dream logic is often like that .. absurd.

Or maybe my mind is just looking for some kind of a supernatural connection while there is a simple and reasonable explanation. Dunno, and that's why I wanted to log it here for future reference.

1 comment:

  1. I think I remembered the dream today morning.

    Me and this friend were in a van, headed towards the institute. He said that a package was coming to the institute but he had no way to reach it, and asked me if I could. I answered yeah sure. I don't think he ever said anything about why the package was coming or whether I had to deliver it somewhere else or not.

    Today it turned out that one of the guys at the institute had ordered these. While this does seem to have some logic to it, it made the dream seem counter-productive.

    But regardless, while taking the packages back today I met a guy whom I had supervised.

    ReplyDelete