Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Chaos

Somehow ever since Christmas, things have been rather confusing. No matter what I plan, things seem to end up otherwise.

Failed to visit grandparents in the city for Christmas because I became ill. Dad called and visited them, instead.

Then paid a visit to aunts for New Year's Eve. Regardless of my plans, I had to stay at another place. There was a workday in between, and I had trouble deciding where my colleague would pick me up. Eventually ended up using both addresses (one for departure, the other for arrival). Own family was also confused where I was at at times.

I had planned to visit the grandparents in the city just after the New Year's Eve. Marked some more days as part of my vacation from work. My colleagues are also quite confused about all the unannounced changes in my vacation plan by now, probably. Bought a bus ticket to the city. Then today checked some e-mails from yesterday and found that a few weeks ago I had booked a work-related health check appointment in the home town and it was a couple of hours too late for me to change it. So, had to call grandparents again to postpone the Christmas visit. Since I've already bought the bus ticket to the city, I'd have to take another bus from there to home town in order to make it to the health check appointment the next morning. If I had taken a bus straight to home town, it would've been a 4 h bus trip, now it will be a 6 h bus trip.

Edit: There was also confusion of who would take me to another farm. In the end, two people were ready to take me there, and I had to pick one.

We went to enjoy the fireworks in celebration of the New Year. Grandma wasn't too enthusiastic about coming with us, but eventually aunt took her with us. Once there, grandma wanted to get to the bathroom so I took her to uncle's house. We tried to "break in" straight through the bathroom door but found that none of the keys worked on that door, so eventually we still had to enter through the front door. We more-or-less missed the fireworks (with the exception of the rockets which were fired close enough to be seen over the trees). Since I've seen plenty of New Year celebrations, this random encounter did not really spark any emotions.

This New Year's Eve was a bit special, though. Before and after 00:00, it was quite windy. At 00:00 everything was quiet and the sky was completely clear. It was awesome how well stars could be seen in the background of the fireworks.

I don't know what's going on but it's confusing me and everyone else around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment