Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, October 4, 2020

Elevator

Happened to read about the Elisa Lam's case again.

Had a couple of interesting dreams.


Dream: Hotel

I was at a hotel again. I had been there a lot, and I decided to rant about what I found annoying about such dreams.

No matter what I tried, I could not get back to the same floor. There were always these small details which did not match. Once there is a room on the N-th floor, then the next time I go, there is no such room there. Because of this, I would never know where I am, and for most of the dream I would be looking for a place which no longer exists.

Someone then said that whether I liked it or not, I would be moved higher and higher up the floors. Eventually I would reach the top floor (which in the dream was 15th, I think) and there would no longer be a place to go.

In the dream I knew this referred to spiritualism.


Dream: Reverse debugging on a new hardware

A new architecture was announced for the embedded. It came out with proper toolchain support and everything (very unreal). Anyway, while enthusiastically talking to a girl about it, I mentioned GDB reverse debugging. Some guy had also been listening in, and asked me what it was good for. Both of them had only used print statements in the code for debugging and had not used multithreading. Described the benefits of reverse debugging a multithreaded application.

While the whole argumentation and everything was perfectly lucid and all, I failed to remember acronyms. At some point I wanted to reference FPGA with soft-cores but I could not recall what these things were called.

I guess there's still a lot of memory which has not yet been replicated from the physical body.

No comments:

Post a Comment