Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, March 24, 2016

Life is Strange Indeed

The inspiration continued. Stumbled on "Life Is Strange" in my Steam Library. Had bought it at a discount. I'm amazed at how immersive games can be even without any VR gear. I've seen only a handful movies that have touched that deeply. This is the only game that has gone that deep and that personal. Somewhat creepy, even. It was very difficult to crawl back out of it .. and try to fit in in the "outside" (the game that players like to call reality :) again. Empaths, beware!

Life Is Strange really excels at providing a wide variety of viewpoints to the same situations. Very much like Crash (2004) but as a video game.

While pondering about the lessons on Space-time in the game, I realized that the majority of the anime, movies I've watched and the games I've played recently .. they're all related. Even though I haven't consciously sought for time-travel, it has still ended up that way. A list:
  • Life Is Strange (obvious, right?)
  • Boku dake ga Inai Machi (almost like a reflection of Life Is Strange. These two are so alike that it's somewhat suspicious.)
  • Steins;Gate
  • Interstellar
  • Project Almanac
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Transistor

Something obvious that I realized just today: the persistence of constructs also applies for the manipulation of space-time (duh, as it applies to psychokinesis in general). Well, that took me long. Anyway, this means that the more one fiddles with space-time, the less stable it becomes for everyone. Persistent space-time portals might be tricky, then. Because they would be basically like tiny black holes slowly desintegrating the fabric of reality around them. Father might be right in saying that teleportation must happen quickly.

In psychokinesis, so far I've had very few experiences of time manipulation. Way too few to learn enough first-hand. So I'm grateful to whatever I stumble upon =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment