Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Emphasis on intuition

The trip


The Netherlands trip was interesting. I had it so that I would heavily rely on intuition. No GPS, no maps, no compass. Eventually it turned out I had just doubted a bit too much .. and zig-zagged around the correct route :D.

AirBnb host was outstanding. Very caring and helpful. In addition, really luxurious room at very low price. Though, there was a language barrier and it got me confused that she spoke a mixture of Dutch, German, English. So, I sometimes responded in German, sometimes in English .. and sometimes in whatever I had learned of Dutch. It was easier to understand what she meant than it was to respond so that she would be certain she got it correct. A practice of telepathy .. neat. The host also has a dog (which seems to be the case for almost everyone in Katwijk). At first, the dog disapproved my presence, and barked at me each time we met. So I sat down next to the dog and attuned to its level via empathy, after which the dog never barked at me again.

Ambient

Netherlands is really beautiful but I noticed that there is something wrong. Some say it's the weather that easily causes depression. However, at least at the apartment it seemed as if there were a source of darkness somewhere underneath. A knot of old experiences and memories, still lingering there. This seemed like a general issue. Shifted the focus a little, which seemed to have helped a bit. I was a bit amazed at the chasm between what people feel and what they act. But then again, my own life has been a performance as well.

Back

While on my way back, I forgot to show the public transportation card to the reader. Remembered that while standing in check-in queue, and decided not to go back (priorities must always be in-check). Even though I had like 2.5 hours until departure, I didn't want to spend the 15 min in order to save the card. First tried the self-check-in booth. It told me to ask the check-in table from an agent. Did that: desk 8. Stood the line at 8 (took around 30 min), then they told me to go to check-in desk 18, instead. Went there. Desk 18 was closed. Based on intuition, I went to desk 20 (skipped 19) for asking help. As it turned out, desk 20 was the correct desk. Ok, I had lost around 30 min .. no big deal. At some moment I realized that the line progresses very slowly. Moreover, the client service representatives left one by one, without replacement. Finally got the ticket, ran to pay for extra baggage and then ran to the gate. Some other people from the long check-in queue helped me a few times :). Enjoyed running through the crowd at such speed for such a distance. Made it and felt very good. Though, apparently the baggage didn't make it on this flight. Had I spent the extra 15 min on the public transportation card, I might have missed the flight. This whole incident made me very happy.

On the bus back home, I watched "The Maze Runner". It resonated. Although it has quite serious plot holes and logic flaws, it's a very inspiring movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment