Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, July 28, 2017

Overkill

Forgot to relax properly before bed. Didn't sleep too well (or just woke tired).

A few hours later I semi-accidentally recalled one of the dreams:
There's a lot of us (colleagues, students, friends) around a playfield. The playfield is simple - rectangular floor with a smooth surface. Not sure what the game was about but at some point I was invited to try it. Had to throw a small ball into a tube. Did that, I think. I then decided to play something similar to billiard on the floor, I guess. Threw the "cue ball" against the wall so that it bounced off and hit the tube (or go into the tube, not sure). After trying it for a couple of hours without much success, somebody woke and commented on it: "You throw it too hard, it's like 200 km/h when it reaches the tube". Well that explained why the tube shattered on each attempt. Though, I did not put much effort into throwing, so it would've been pretty difficult to aim for lower velocities.

Did not make much sense.



Anyway, an evening with sauna. I love the team, especially those random discussions on quantum mechanics, the structure of the universe, or other physicsy or mathsy subjects. Occasionally one of us has a moment of ingenuity and tries to prove their theory. A lot of fun with quality discussions spiced with quality humour. Students and trainees are a lot more open-minded than any of the old colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment