Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, July 31, 2017

Time bubble

Shadow


A few days ago I saw a shadow fly across the living room silently, in peripheral vision. "How did the cat get over there already?" Turned my head back and found the cat still laying to my right. There was nobody else home. Had also seen the shadow before, but always thought it was the curtain or the cat playing shadow bunnies or something. The shadow has always stayed outside my door, I think (has peeked over the doorway a few times).

Time bubble

That previous post. Thought of trying the time bubble idea before falling asleep. Realized that it wasn't exactly a brilliant idea, for the following reasons:
  1. The bubble would isolate my room from its surroundings.
  2. My room is like Swiss Cheese, full of portals to various worlds. The bubble would eventually break all the portals.
  3. The best time for building the bubble is from deep sleep. Deep sleep is when I need the room to be as connected to the surroundings as possible. This provides the freedom to relax and become refreshed.
  4. Gradually it would deprive the room of fresh energy and it would be increasingly difficult to refresh it.
  5. The surface of the bubble could turn out pretty dangerous (high gradient in time).
Decided to integrate a flip-switch. Left it "on" for the night, to improve the skills and to see if there are any advantages. Switched it "off" in the morning. Woke exhausted. So - no, not a viable way of increasing productivity.

Back to square one, I guess:
  1. Accept productivity the way it is.
    No point in pushing it. People don't understand it anyway. They would just increase the workload when they saw an increase in your productivity. They would keep increasing the load until something cracks, then figure out how to cover it up and keep going.
  2. Deadlines don't mean anything.
    Based on experience they keep shifting beyond rational explanations. Thus, they cannot be taken seriously.
  3. Do things the way you enjoy doing them.That's the way to maintain enthusiasm. That's the way to stay alive. Seek for challenges. Make tasks fun.
  4. Don't care what others say.
    They may say it's the most important thing in the world, just before they leave you working on it and go on their long awaited vacation. People don't mean what they say so it's meaningless anyway.
  5. Keep politics and work apart.
    It is not worth doing anything for the reason that it would ensure good relationship with corporation X or countries Ys.
This even propagates back to the realization that "I'm alone in this universe. It's just me and my attitude towards the universe." I have to care about myself because there is nobody else to do so. It might make sense to picture it like this: there are entities out there, trying to crush you and take your energy. It's your job to develop to such a degree that they no longer can.

Mining establishment

Today morning I caught myself asleep, observing an odd scene. Violet sunset (or starset, whatever) on a pretty landscape. There was a large craft hovering above the landscape in the distance. The large craft had just a single dot of light on it, somewhere in the middle, towards the right (or maybe an AOL). There was a small craft periodically flying between the large craft and the ground. I assumed it was transporting material to the large craft that then refined it. With the sun setting, it gradually became darker, making it more difficult to tell the outlines but easier to see the single dot of light on the larger craft.

When I realized I was asleep, I had been mindlessly observing the scene for a long time already (it was meditative). After that realization it seemed as if I was observing it from a small shadowless white room with a large window in front of the white bed. Sunset was from the right, and I guess there was a window there as well. Or perhaps even the whole wall was transparent. Not sure, didn't turn my head .. always just a blank stare forward. I did sense, however, that in addition to the perfectly lit room there was light from the right as well.

While at first I had thought of taking the camera for a photo of this mining establishment. Then I realized that I could record it as well. With the analytical mind booting up, the window turned into a computer screen. Realized that I could just as well enable screen capture. So, did that. However, by then I had reduced first-hand experience to a mere 480p video stream on a computer (c'mon why no HD?).

Man I should find the time to improve my digital painting skills. Would want to bring my subpar splatting & scribbling to near photorealistic levels (anime level would already be neat as well, though). This would allow me to convey the mind-imagery visually.

1 comment:

  1. An attempt at painting the mining establishment:
    https://www.deviantart.com/sussch/art/AP-Mining-colony-803992651

    ReplyDelete