Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, August 6, 2018

Grandpa dream 2

We finally reached the tests late on Friday evening, for which I had actually gone to Italy in the first place. The tests indicated issues (as expected). Anyway, they said: "We've worked hard throughout the week and we're taking the weekend off, you go ahead and take it off as well". One of their team mentioned a nature reserve in the mountains nearby. He said he loved hiking there, but it's too hot in there during the summer. The way he described the reserve caused me to drool of hiking there sometime in the future.

Oh, and found the best ice cream from a cafeteria right next to my hotel. Perfect taste, and so much fat that it actually resolved the craving for ice cream on a +38 *C day. Found perfect lemonades as well. Expensive but all "bio" without any conservatives nor artificial sweeteners.

Anyway, early Saturday morning I had a relaxing dream where I reached the nature reserve. Woke up and checked Google Maps for a way to the nature reserve and decided to skip it - 1 or 2 trains + 1 or 2 bus trips, totaling to 3-4 hours of traveling. There and back, and it's a whole day .. nope, not this time. Found another (way smaller) nature reserve at half the distance. Also checked the routes to the sea but figured the beaches are all crowded anyway. Nope, gonna work. About 8 hours later, I finished one job. I was happy, but realized that I hadn't eaten anything. Walked around the town for about 3 hours. Back to hotel, and about 2 hours later I had also resolved a mystery that would have probably taken the team 2-3 days of debugging. I was even more happy. This probably impressed the company and they offered me a job. I knew that would happen and I had considered it a couple of years back but found it incompatible with my plans.

At about 3 AM, I had an important dream which I'll describe later.

Anyway, enjoyed travels back to Estonia on Sunday. Bologna airport is nice, got to enjoy a full pizza with my favorite toppings for lunch. I thought I hadn't visited the Brussels airport before. I was wrong - the familiar long straight tube with very few places to eat, all of which are very expensive. On the plane to Tallinn, I took the local newspaper (Saturday issue) for reading. Mildly interesting that my horoscope said: "You've worked hard for the whole week. Take the day off".

The nightly buses are clearly meant to keep passengers from sleeping. Everything about the interior is obviously designed while accounting for a variety of scientific papers on the psychology of exhausted people. Due to it being impossible to sleep there, I practised focusing on my breath while trying to keep my head straight. Got home and managed to sleep for a few hours before work. Decided to heed the advice of the horoscope and work from home, as that allows for 10 - 20 min deep naps after every 2 hours. Enjoyed a 12 hour sleep in the evening =3.

Saturday dream: Grandpa

While walking around, I decided to ponder about the remote possibility of having a family. Decided that if I were to have a family, then the optimum time for that would probably be after graduating, which should happen in about 1 year. That's not far at all. Also, the job that I've taken recently, is perfect for working from home and taking some time off for the family every now and then.

I was on my way visiting my wife at a hospital. It was so early that there was barely anyone there. Walked in the front door and right to my left, grandpa was sitting on a bench. Dressed in rags, he was waiting for someone. I recognized him as an aspect of myself and feeling sorry for him, I asked "Why are you waiting out here, come on inside". He looked up to my right, smiled and stood up (I think she saw my wife).

Analysis

For me, it became clear that grandpa is indeed waiting for my family for reincarnation. So, need to find a wife and form a family at some point.

Previously I've ignored this, but it does make sense: I've taken a body, and it would be very selfish to spend the life without giving someone else the same opportunity. Especially since for being alive, I owe my gratitude to my parents and grandparents, it would be logical for me to contribute the same way.

Monday dream: Cleaning

Spent the night cleaning. Vacuuming the floor of all the dust and random stuff that had gathered throughout the years. Regardless of some problems with the vacuum cleaners, I made good progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment