Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, September 16, 2018

Power tale

Recently I've been practising concentration in a slightly different way. A book reading marathon. A somewhat thick book full of derivations, for PhD and stuff. After a day of reading and deriving, I've typically played a bit of Stalker (which has probably influenced some of my dreams).

Another factor that has probably influenced the dreams is a serious ego-slap that I had on Friday. Need quite a bit of meditation to cope.

Had an interesting dream last night, but since it was one of the first dreams, I don't remember too much about it anymore.

Dream: Power tale of an old shaman

Somehow my dead uncle popped into mind. He wasn't there directly, but the dream reminded me of his work with the local folklore. In the dream I was told a story of a powerful shaman hundreds of years ago. Throughout the dream, I could feel his power throughout the narrative. By the end of the dream, I think I met him just before he left this world, flying away.

Throughout the dream there was some guy doing the narration, and then I think the omnipresent shaman was always observing the whole thing. The narrator cited the shaman on everything being created by the mind. Or rather, it was the omnipresent shaman saying it instead of the narrator. Anyway, he did not mean the rational mind which is obvious. I was curious if there was any relation at all between the rational and the non-rational mind because I've often heard that the rational mind often tends to hamper spiritual progress. The answer was that the two are not mutually exclusive, and often develop together. As an example, I was shown that the shaman had derived most of physics and chemistry on a whim. Back then the formalism was not yet established, which made his scriptures very difficult to interpret. I was shown an old man who was trying to make sense of the scriptures. The man was puzzled at the shaman's periodic table of elements which contained descriptions of elements that were not yet known at that time.

Dream: Catwees

Two identical cats and for some reason they kept pissing on corners in the apartment. Throughout the dream I carried the cats to some place where they were supposed to relieve themselves. Except that there was no dedicated place for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment