Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, January 20, 2012

Remote tasting

On last Sunday, grandma baked a cake, but said it wasn't too good. I was about to taste it, but felt its taste in my mouth before the first piece of the cake reached my mouth. Actually, it seemed more like designing the taste before physically tasting it, as I remember thinking "the taste of eggs and cinnamon should stand out a bit more." The taste then changed. It was somewhat mind-blowing for me, how the actual taste was exactly the same as the one "designed". Acquiring the taste of food just by looking at it has become more successful as well.

Last week there were a lot of blackouts there. This week it turned out there had been a larger blackout and the air conditioning systems were broken. It was a bit cold for one night and quite noisy for almost a week.

One night I woke up for a sec and saw a blue LED from a roommate's laptop. Thought: "His laptop is still switched on? Ah well, maybe he's downloading something." Then perhaps a couple of minutes later, his laptop woke up from hibernate and started playing a video. He woke up: "Wtf," his mouse flew across the floor before he managed to close it again. On the same day, my laptop also acted strange (at least one key didn't work and right mouse button actions were triggered when I clicked the left button).

For multiple times I've noticed that sometimes when I walk past a radio, it starts to play static noise. Sometimes it just turns silent and for a couple of times, something has happened at the studio (a crash or something, so that the station is off air for a longer period of time).

A lot of close-calls while some of the room-mates were driving. I once told one of the roommates to take it easy as we were not in a hurry. I think he was convinced that there would be an accident one day anyway. The next morning (a nasty snow storm), he lost control over the car and got stuck on a field, 1 m from the trees. Almost nothing was wrong with the car, it just happened to be on a snowdrift with its bottom in such a way that the wheels would spin freely.

Managed to integrate a pranayama exercise into my daily schedule again.

2 comments:

  1. Which breathing practice are you doing? I practice the Tibetan version of 9-round breathing, or alternate nostril breathing. It's very good for Tummo tantra & melting the subtle drops/Bindu substance into the central channel, so that it doesn't leak. Also, generates profound bliss states, which are good for combining with emptiness meditation:)

    -Owltwelve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alternate nostril breathing and breath of fire.

    ReplyDelete