Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, June 14, 2020

Deep sleep

Some days ago, a strand of cat hair flew past me, illuminated in sunlight. It seemed that it was about to descend. I played with it a little, moving it up and then horizontally onto the window sill. It seemed quite responsive.

Someone on Discord had revised their sleeping schedule, and advised me to do that as well.

Today afternoon I tried to hit deep sleep, by focusing on hypnagogic imagery and then on what caused the imagery and so on. I could also hear (and feel) the cat breathing deeply; the cat was also asleep, and I figured that it wouldn't come to bother me. Eventually I lost a sense of reality and forgot everything. Had a really refreshing sleep, which concluded in dreams with somewhat familiar symbolism.

Dream: Alternative office space

In Real Life (IRL) we just moved into a new office recently. In the dream, I went to visit an alternative place. I met up with someone there, and said that "while we've already moved into another place, I'd still like to take a look around." They didn't mind, and were glad to show me around.

We looked around. In some places, there were a lot of boxes, for the previous occupants were still in the process of moving out. It took some effort to climb over the boxes without stepping on any.

At some point, I found some kind of a device laying around (not in any of the boxes). I played with it a little, until I realized that it was dangerous. I think it might've been a lighter of some sort, and it became more and more hot each time I activated it (I had thought it was empty of fuel, but I felt that I was mistaken).

IRL I stopped the streak of celibacy. I think it was about 3.5 months or so. I suspect that the dream might've been related.

Dream: Boat trip

Me and some other people were having a boat trip. We reached a beach and decided to land. I stepped out, and started towing the boat. The slope became more and more challenging. However, somehow I didn't feel the weight of the boat at all (even though it was full of people).

I think sister had laid logs, to make it easier to tow the boat. I tried to follow the path of logs, even though it didn't seem to make a difference. At about halfway to the top, I stopped to ask others if they would like the boat to be hoisted up all the way to the top or if they also considered leaving the boat there to be safe enough. Other people had parked their boats there. If I had pulled the boat up all the way to the top, then I thought it would've become more dangerous to let it back into the water, considering the steep slope.

No comments:

Post a Comment