Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Keys

I've been feeling a bit tired recently, which might've brought a couple of interesting situations.

On the weekend, I was "busy as a bee," working on some code for work.

Sleepy bee


I think it was at noon on Saturday that I found the cat playing with something on the curtains, in the kitchen. I approached with my blurry left eye, and recognized that it was a bee. Opened the window, and poked at the bee, hoping that it would spread its wings and catch the wind. It didn't. It seemed sleepy.

I tried pouring a bit of water onto the curtains, for I thought it might've been dehydrated. That also didn't help. So, I just closed the window with that part of the curtains left in the wind, outside the window.

Upon a recurring inspection of the curtains, I failed to find a bee on it. I concluded that the bee must have flown away.

Thesis opponent?


While walking the cat yesterday evening, a former colleague reminded me that there are thesis defences the next day. I remembered that I had agreed to be an opponent for one of the students. ".. well, at least there's a whole night to work through the thesis ..," I thought.

Luckily, I found that I was not the opponent, and that the student's supervisor's recommendation (me) was rejected. The supervisor had simply forgotten to inform me that I couldn't be the opponent because he had supervised my bachelor thesis.

All in all, there were no issues. Simply both parties simultaneously forgot about it.

Sneaky keys


Sometimes I guess I do things which are beyond my comprehension.

I closed the office and started walking home. While on the way, I suddenly noticed that I had some kind of keys in my pocket. Sure, I had put my keys into that pocket several times today, but I thought I took them out and stored them in the bag (to avoid the keys wearing out the jeans for me).

I took the keys out of the pocket ... but ... they weren't mine. So, I checked the keys in the bag ... those were mine, at least. I was really confused because I couldn't recall having seen the foreign keys which had just now emerged from my pocket. Perhaps I might have taken the keys from the table, mistaking them for mine?

Anyway, a colleague called later, and he was glad to hear that I had taken his keys for him. Somehow he had forgotten them, and it would've been more tedious to get them from the office because his office keys were sharing the keyring with his other keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment