Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thanks to subconscious

Having studied for an exam during the weekend, I didn't have the time to practice for the abusive and strict tests of "Method of functional programming" aka Haskell. However, as I had failed the last and most abusive test (15 minutes for manually tracing through 4 pages of recursive and obfuscated code), I couldn't allow another failure - my results had already dropped down to 50%. So, I needed at least 2 points of 4 in the today's test.


I started thinking through the last two questions and left the first 2 as the last (had no idea what to write there). Well, I answered one of the first questions, but when I reviewed the first questions (only 3 minutes left till the end of the test), a few thoughts popped into my mind. I rewrote the answer to one of them although it didn't make any sense to me ("no" had come to my mind) and for the other answer, the way to acquire the answer came up (at least this one seemed logical).


To my surprise, all other answers were incorrect (a typo + a totally wrong answer) except for the first two that I had guessed right at the last minutes.


Also, a few times during the last few days, while walking home from school, something similar has happened: I'm trying to walk towards the other side of the road in order to walk past someone or something. While trying to do so, I get a feeling like "Stop, not yet" and a fraction of a second later a bicycle whooshes past - I would've caused a crash if I had actually tried to change the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment