Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Few techs ..

.. I wanted to write about.

Sour mouth

For a while now, I've been waking up with a sour taste in the mouth. Also, occasionally quite a bit of phlegm is produced. Grandma's advice (this I've read from some sources as well): clean the mouth with baking oil. Me: nope nope nope. In any case, tried that and it seemed to have helped just a little. But then it occurred to me that I already know how to resolve the issue: khecari mudra.

So, for a few days I've been practising khecari mudra on and off (sometimes between sleeping and waking up, sometimes while walking). Already a few minutes help against the sour mouth. Today morning I woke up and just thinking about performing the mudra already remarkably reduced the bad taste in my mouth.

Panick

Panic attacks or pain in the chest? Practice correct breathing. Breathe in quickly (or normally), then breathe out very slowly. This way the body is able to extract more oxygen. No sighs (sighs are the reverse).

I guess that blemishes are perhaps yet another symptom of low amounts of oxygen in the blood.

Wizard tower


Another technique that I've performed recently. I visualize myself meditating in a tall white wizard tower. The room is all white without any shadows, but perhaps a single brighter dot at eye-height on the wall in front of me. Inspiration from Durlag's Tower in Baldur's Gate, Lord of The Rings and Naruto.

Obvious but .. well ..

A couple of days ago while walking home, I noticed that it had become cold (summer's over, what a bummer). Haven't even had a vacation (except for those couple of weekends when I did not sit in the office). These thoughts caused the classical reaction in my mind to my surroundings: "No, don't turn into autumn yet! I haven't even had the chance to properly enjoy the summer yet."

This was going on in the subconscious mind, without thoughts. Somehow noticed it and thought it through. What's the point of trying to hold onto the summer when I don't even enjoy the moment? A summer without enjoying the moment is still not a summer to enjoy. The exact same goes for autumn as well. So, instead of pushing the autumn away (and starting to feel colder from the inside), I decided to take a fresh look at the emotions of the season floating around the town. The old and familiar autumn with people excited about getting back to school / work.

No comments:

Post a Comment