Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, August 3, 2017

Relaxing the brain

Slept for a couple of hours yesterday evening. Went to bed late, and planned on waking early. Didn't fall asleep normally, so I took a pose to lay in motionlessly. Relaxed the muscles and the mind. Relaxed the brain more thoroughly than I've done for a long time. No dreams, just a nice state of relaxation. Woke feeling more refreshed. Quite productive workday and even felt like doing some sports.

Edit: I found two methods that seemed effective for relaxing the brain. At first I imagined a carefree brain of a toddler that isn't required to remember anything, doesn't have to calculate anything, nor does it have anything to worry about. While this worked, I also tried humming in my mind. Used syllables from the Aum mantra: "AaaAAa" and "MmmMMMm". This was a bit more difficult to use for relaxation because of a preconception that I had - doing something in the mind means effort, and thus, tension.

There was supposed to be a sauna this evening. At first I said I wasn't going. Then I suddenly felt like I would still have to go (an image of a nice evening with sunset popped in my mind). Went through a shop, bought stuff (snacks and drinks). It cost 7. No, thanks to a customer card I got a discount so that the price dropped to 6.66. Started paying more attention to what's going on around me, hoping to spot something of significance. Lost a bit of chocolate from the ice cream. Later an old lady walked past, eating ice cream like a pro. For all these years, I've been eating ice cream wrong =D. A nice walk through the parks, with a nice sunset view. No sauna because it wasn't booked properly. Lovely evening, definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment