Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, October 29, 2017

Small things

Shadow, probably Wednesday

Finished a letter before going home. By the time I got it done, it was nearly pitch-black dark. The wind was somewhat chilly.

I was briefly thinking about my age when I saw a shadow move and heard a lot of leaves rustling on the other side of the road. Stopped .. still rustling. Clapped, then pointed phone backlight in the direction. A car came soon after.

Not sure if my eyes played tricks on me or it was indeed something large (like a deer, a boar or something).

Water meters

On thursday evening I thought I would take smartphone photos of the water meters again. Reached for the phone and apparently it was smart enough to start the camera so that I didn't have to press any buttons. Handy geist.

Sorry

Watched Otherlife yesterday. An awesome movie in many ways (experiences != brain chemistry, people by themselves decide when to leave, brain chemistry and mind manipulation can be overcome, etc.). On the other hand, they did use the eMotiv headset wrong, they programmed shaders not nanobots and the code looked a bit spaghetti. At about 60% I was about to be disappointed in the movie but then things turned.

Anyway, visited an old friend for tea in the evening. Had missed several of the tea evenings he proposed (lacked time, then forgot and all sorts of pathetic reasons). Anyway, we discussed stuff and at around 1 AM we got to quantum mechanics. He described a paper about quantum teleportation in a chip. I described the Chinese QUESS mission. Then casually mentioned that it pretty much smacks my old quantum mechanics lecturer in the head. That felt so wrong. I suspect that it actually manifested. A couple of seconds later, the lights went dark for a split-second. Sorry.

While writing this, heard these lyrics: "and she's a slave to the smack and once you gone, can't come back".

No comments:

Post a Comment