Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, October 10, 2014

Workplace - home of dreams?

In Italy, guys in the Estonians group started asking each other about their home of dreams.

These guys dreamt of a villa full of naked girls. One of them also fancied a tower.

Eventually it was my turn. I described some of the details from a visualization that I made perhaps 7 years ago. A three-storeyed building in the forest. It has mechanics and electronics labs on the first floor. There's a tower with a telescope. The living room has walls made of glass. Then there's a dome cinema on top of the building.
  • The other guys: "Dude, you're working there!"
  • Me: "What? No.. Wait a minute .. you're right."
  • The other guys: "One day you'll walk up to the director, open a briefcase full of money and say: 'It's my home now. You can continue your work.' and then walk around like a boss in pijamas or something."

I hadn't realized the similarity before. But indeed, I'm working in an observatory that was renovated a couple of years ago. It's close to the forest, it has a tower, it has three storeys, it has mechanics and electronics labs on the first floor. On the roof, there's a dome .. no cinema, though. Also, the design of the atrium is very very similar to what I had in mind for the living room. The only difference is that in the observatory atrium, there's a satellite model hanging from the roof. In the observatory, the bedroom is on the 3rd floor. In my visualization, it was on the second. In my visualization there was a cellar floor also, with sunlight mirrors at window places - this is also missing at the observatory. Also, the exterior design is pretty much the same - same colors, similar ribs for details.

And several years ago I occasionally made jokes about sleeping at work without going home for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment