Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, January 9, 2015

Ego-dream

Last night I had several slightly awkward dreams. But before that I would like to mention a dream that I had during Christmas:

I was at the summerhouse .. caught a naughty hornet. Put it into a matchbox and decided to release it about a kilometre in a certain direction (to get it far enough from the bee hives). Started walking, but I was so tired that I passed out (no recollection of dreaming for some time). Woke up in a puddle of mud with the hornet matchbox in my left hand. Stood up and continued walking.


Something that I remember from the dreams last night:

I had taken a bus back from Italy. Forgot something on the bus, went after it. Apparently, the bus driver had been waiting for me to turn back and take it. Although he was in a hurry, it seemed as if we could borrow an eternity and we would still arrive on time, wherever we wanted to go.

I took a shortcut though an airfield or something (radars), then arrived in what I thought to be a shipyard. I was on my way onto a ship, when I met someone familiar. They asked me where I was headed. I told them and flew over the staircase railing. All the dream-training of parkour seems to have had its effect. Being really amazed, I guess I turned around and looked at myself flying over the railing or something. Or perhaps I had 360 degrees sight or something without being limited to my dream body at that moment.

Left through the door. There was no ship there. The building went on a lock-down, as a rocket with some sort of satellites was launched in the distance. Stopped and observed the spectacle. I thought: "wow, this looks a lot more fascinating than in reality." Infinite zoom, auto-tracking and monitoring of all the subsystems on the rocket .. it's so much better in the dream. After a while, the lock-down was lifted and people gathered outside, with happy faces .. congratulating each-other and so on.

I continued. Ran through another door and re-entered the building from the opposite wing. Some familiar faces felt proud that they were at a school like that.


Haven't actually witnessed a rocket launch in reality (with the exception watching it on the computer screen in a form of video recordings or live video feeds). While writing this, it occurred to me that there's a documentary of our efforts coming out.

Today everything fell. Felt quite clumsy after all this ego-dream.

1 comment:

  1. On another note, the ship + rocket theme is SpaceX-ish.
    http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/01/spacex-dragon-crs-5-launch-historic-core-return/

    ReplyDelete