Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, December 16, 2019

A book and a photo

Had a couple of interesting dreams.

Dream: Book


I had written a book and had my aunt review it. Contrary to what I would've expected, she fixed issues with equations and improved phrasing throughout the book. I was really surprised. We looked through most of the changes together. Some of the words I had not even seen nor heard of before.

The dream was vivid enough for the text and equations in the book to seem more-or-less reasonable.

I liked the fact that regardless of the content, the book was printed on humble yellowish paper.

Dream: Photo strip


I looked through some stuff. There was a photo strip. I noticed that for as long as I looked at it, the photos remained constant. Whenever I looked away and back again, the photos changed. I tried rotating the photo strip upside down, which caused only a slight change in the photos. This way I could look at the same objects with a slight difference in time or from a slightly different angle.

I realized the potential and wanted to show it to dad who was sitting to my right. I described the procedure to him, and wanted him to see the same effect. Unfortunately though, he could not retain stable concentration for long enough to see the effect. His mind slipped off the photo strip, causing it to lose any coherence with the previous set of photos.

It felt as if I had stepped over the line of what was allowed in the dream. I slipped the photo strip into my left boot. A 3-letter agent showed up in a military car, took the boot and started looking for the photo strip. All he got from the boot were some old doodles and pieces of writing on cheap yellow-brown paper. He could not find anything of value, and retreated to the claim that I had allegedly acted against the integrity of the dream. Eventually he settled on a small fine which I agreed to pay if he really considered it necessary. I told him that I did not have any cash on me, but I could pay by card. He only accepted either cash or some form of mobile payment. Knowing the capabilities of my phone, I told him mobile payment wouldn't work. He kept trying but for some reason he didn't get it that card would be the only way. It seemed as if he didn't have enough concentration to finish what he had come to do. He tried to take us somewhere but his dream faded before he could manage to get anywhere.

Thinking back on the photo strip today morning, I considered the similarities of the photo strip experiment to quantum computing. Then Ragnar Tornquist's video game series Dreamfall Chapters came to mind again. Quantum computers based on people's dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment