Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Saturday, December 7, 2019

Analogues

Read a bit about black hole analogues and found that I had already read about the experiments but simply their interpretation could be different. I would not call these black holes but I like the thoughts which such interpretations tend to provoke.

Also, Sandra and Woo is sometimes really nice.

Blood sugar


Regarding the blood sugar, on Thursday morning the cat ignored the biscuits and by the evening he had spilled them across the floor. So I decided to start training the cat's appetite for another type of cat food which he doesn't typically really eat (but should be way more healthy). No more biscuits for a week.

The next day I thought I would avoid eating too much sugar. Well, life has a good sense of humor. By the time I got to the canteen (just 9 min late) and had waited the queue, there was no more soup left. So I had to take a dessert. The dessert (chocolate cake) was so sweet that I did not want anything sweet for the rest of the day.

Short bus trip


A couple of days ago at lunch a girl A came and described Hameroff's and Penrose's quantum consciousness. I was hesitant to discuss such things in the presence of other scientists, and told her that it's a long story and that in my opinion there was no way science could ever hope to get to the bottom of consciousness. Then a former colleague B joined the table and said that science could very easily explain away consciousness, for it was nothing more than a firing of neural synapses (or maybe also religion and philosophy but that was all there was). Well, I don't think anything else would have proven my point as well as this former colleague did. These things can't really be discussed openly yet. And I suspect that if they could be discussed openly, then my presence in this realm would no longer have a meaning.

Was expecting transportation by car, and had planned my route and time so that I would reach friend's place by the time we had agreed. Turned out I still had to take a bus, instead.

Anyway, this girl A and a colleague C of hers also took the bus back to town. As I had guessed, C had a somewhat similar mindset as B did. However, C seemed just a bit more open-minded and there was a bit more time during the bus trip so I tried to sum up some of my experiments and findings.

It was nice, and I did not mind talking about such topics with school children around. There was, however, a guy who sometimes turned around and looked back at me. I suspect that he found the topic of interest. Or maybe he was annoyed by some dude so blatantly blabbing about these things.

Ideas to improve the world


Discussed some business ideas with old friends. One of the friends told me that my business ideas were too down to Earth, and that he would have expected them to be something on the Moon or Mars. To be honest, I don't think that would make sense. Moreover, if I'd want to change the world then by making a business (which would obviously aim for profit) would not be my approach.


Dream: Moon colony


The idea was probably spawned from the discussion of business ideas.

Anyway, people had put up a bunch of domes on the Moon and were building things inside. There was scaffolding all over the place, and people climbing them, moving stuff around and so on. Quite a bit of action, and then some mischievous lad took the nozzle of pressurized air and blew on the regolith. A lot of dust rose up, contaminating the space for a while. I looked at the arc of larger pieces of the dust falling down while the lighter dust remained afloat for longer.

Then some guy came and "showed" me what he thought was even more interesting. Note that in dreams people can share things they visualize in their mind. He showed me a rotation of water causing a whirpool, and then told me to visualize what happened when I applied a counter-rotation to the other side of the whirpool. Instead of water I associated it with electric and magnetic fields, and started to wonder about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment