Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Ideas from dreams

There have been a couple of thought-provoking (in my opinion, at least) dreams which I've meant to post about.

Dream: Interpretation of a black hole


I was working on something while someone approached my table from my right and asked how I thought a black hole worked. I then described an idea based on the assumption of an aether (officially disproven in late 1800s). Moreover, it assumes that aether has friction against mass or charge.

You could take a mass (probably charged) and gradually spin it up to an angular rate high enough to close the loop of rotating aether. The closed loop would be the event horizon.

Dream: Grounding issue


I was debugging some kind of an amplifier for some kind of a measurement equipment. Hooked it up and found that its output saturated sometimes when I moved magnets or something ferromagnetic around. Realized that the device did not get good enough ground connection through the cable. Attached auxiliary ground and it worked without issues.

Engineers typically consider common mode effects a nuisance. However, maybe for some zero-point generators they could be quite important not to filter it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment