Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, June 28, 2010

Scientific skepticism

Read this post on vsociety yesterday morning. I really liked what kobok and Steve said. A quote:
So, lack of evidence is not evidence of lacking, but it might be reason enough for us to stop caring.

~Steve
That's something I haven't actually understood earlier. I've made the mistake a lot of times - if something seems "pink 'n fluffy", I acquire a preconception that this is what should be expected. For example, all that "Sacred Geometry" stuff in the "Flower of Life" book. I was certain it was all fluff because of its name. Well, actually, it isn't - it's just a really bad name (Why is some geometry more sacred than other geometry? Wazzup with naming everything "secret" and "sacred", when there aren't enough buyers around?) for something natural.

Thought I would like to join another more active psionics forum. I looked up psionicsonline and discovered that I had already registered, but forgotten to check the site. Anyway, I took the first post that caught my attention: If the psi-wheel is still hard. It motivated me for some more focal meditation.

I meditated, pictured myself on Saaremaa, at the top of a long tree, trying to visualize as many details around me as possible. I found it too difficult and moved on towards the house. I noticed that I had built up an inconvenient feeling towards the house (I really liked the nature around it a lot more along with all the freedom). It occurred to me that I still hadn't practiced concentration and went to the field, on which there are hay rolls. I used to sit on a hay roll and meditate, trying to feel everything around me.

This time was different - as I visualized a hay roll, it formed elastic bonds with the ground and stood up on its cap. I didn't want to sit on it like this and tried to visualize it bend back into its original orientation. It took a while before I could concentrate on it enough so that I was able to maintain the details of the visualization while also concentrating on holding it in the correct orientation.

After that, I looked at a bunch of conspectus blocks lying on the psi-wheel box. The feeling of them moving became noticeably more intense than before the meditation session. I'm not sure if it really happened or if it was just another illusion because of vivid visualization, but I saw the blocks move by about 1 cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment