Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, September 18, 2015

Time for detachment practice?

Found a lecturer (religious aspects of science), whose intelligence is so far out there that it's difficult to grasp everything that he says. The lectures are full of hidden hints and references .. and he talks fast, too. He is 60, he has read a lot and he has (or at least used to have) absolute memory. Although he criticized some people whom he had met and who had used the term "energy" incorrectly, he made a lot of interesting statements. For one, he said that the arguments in favor of OBE are usually better than those against it. I was baffled. He also said that science does not seek truth, it has never really succeeded in finding it. However, science has resulted in a lot of practical applications.

Well, there's another lecturer (bioethics) also, whom I like. Though, he doesn't quite pack the information density and practices demagogy on students during the seminars.

At first I kind of assumed they were similar. Well, I was wrong. Shall be quite exciting in terms of ego vs. rational mind vs. spirituality. On one hand, I'm excited that there's someone that intelligent, who shares the view on quite a lot of stuff. On the other hand, I feel the urge to prove what I've come to consider the truth. On yet another hand or some other limb, I would rather live it instead of blabbing about it, trying to convince others that it's possible to live like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment