Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Saturday, September 26, 2015

Wrong door

Had a dream today morning that stood out. I was at some sort of a workplace that once again I don't recognize .. minding my business. Then someone approached me and started talking about some research I had done. Or at least, he claimed I had done but I didn't know nothing about it. Although I have been interested in those fields ever since birth, I was convinced I had never had the time to deal with them .. yet. This guy gave me a pack of papers, which he claimed I had written and sincerely thanked me for that. They were thorough studies of ancient civilizations, ancient languages and the remnants of their philosophy and technology. Figured I could put the papers into the safe box that used to be in one of the offices. Opened the door of the room that was supposed to contain the safe box, as far as I knew. A lady was sleeping there .. apparently the offices had changed within the years. She said that generally nobody was allowed to enter, but that there was an exception for me. Well, I sort of didn't want to know anything about any exceptions and left right away anyway, because the safe box was no longer there. Found it in the next room down the corridor. It looked as if nobody had used the room for years. Opened the safe box, put the papers on top of other papers that were in there and closed it again. One thing that occurred to me was that before locking the papers away, I should've perhaps read and memorized everything that was written there. That didn't happen though, as the dream vanished right after. Weird behaviour pattern that I would have to put the papers away somewhere, instead of learning the content (and perhaps gaining totality).

Busy times, but this has helped me realize how long work hours with sharp focus and lack of sleep have usually contributed to spiritual progress. The more challenging it is, the more concentration is needed to do the job .. but in principle, everything can be done (all situations have at least one way in and at least one way out). So, I've been practising the habit of only focusing on the necessary minimum for solving the issues at hand (no place for worries, no place for judgements or other emotional mindstuff, just the task and the mind as a generic tool).

No comments:

Post a Comment