Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, August 30, 2016

GameJam

Participated at Ludum Dare 36 with a random team. An awesome experience.

During the event, I couldn't sleep more than 4 hours per night. That's because I slept at home and the cat was berserk. Still, I'm amazed that I managed to remain focused for more than two days. Also, I gained self-confidence after witnessing that actually nothing is difficult. There was something about the experience there, which has almost always haunted me - putting forth a lot of effort without people appreciating or acknowledging it. On the other hand, it's good for reminding me that I shouldn't be doing things for the enjoyment of others, but so that I would enjoy it. Sorry @ the rest of the team - you were awesome and would have deserved a lot better!

Edit: The sound and music guy of our team is like 15 years old music producer with perhaps about a hundred masterpieces more intricate than my whole playlist.

After that prolonged focus, it's difficult to return to other stuff. My mind is still in that classroom full of computers, monitors, tablets .. with the muzak and visuals. :) Focusing back on the life is an additional practice of concentration.

As the event was organized by some old friends and acquaintances, I also discussed the VR lab topic. Apparently the lab even hosts a lucid dreamer working on a VR project.

"When life gets harder you must've just leveled up," says a poster on the wall right next to the entrance of the 3d graphics lab where we developed the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment