Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Survival Horror in the Dark Hallway

It's cool how radical changes occur with a new year. Stormy autumn weather before (actually, very similar to Midsummer's Eve), and snowy winter after. But it's not only the weather - everything feels completely different. Sister is suddenly moving furniture around, digging parents' old books and stuff. An amazing amount of occult books, by the way. Sister also glanced at Mom's diary and stumbled upon an entry "The Alchemy of Immortality".


Today I somehow managed to seriously scare someone without even trying. No screams or anything. I was crouching in a dark hallway, untying shoelaces when some dude waltzed in from around the corner. He stopped, and in a second he asked "Hi, how are you doing?" (calm voice) Me: "I'm fine, thank you." I wouldn't have been able to tell he was frightened, if he hadn't said that. Him: "I was quite scared for a moment." Me: "Okay." <- what kind of an answer is that? Anyways, he entered the first free room (all have glass windows), switched on the light and started praying on the patch of fake grass. I didn't quite connect his customs with religion nor country of origin, but I thought perhaps he's from India (though there was no accent). Having glanced at this holy act for a second, I decided not to enter the room (was gonna have a meeting in that same room). Went to the toilet, instead.

From my perspective, the whole experience was slightly awkward.

From his perspective, it could've been pretty creepy. He's about to enter the hallway to enter the office, which is the first room straight across the hallway. There's something very wrong about the hallway but he can't quite put his finger on it. Then suddenly he sees a dark figure in peripheral vision, just a couple of feet to his left. Some really scary background music starts playing, and his heart is pounding in a chaotic rhythm. He freezes on the spot, and slowly turns his head to the left, towards this creature. The creature has no face, just hair .. and there's something (err .. shoelaces!) wiggling out from the shadows. Bwh Jesus, it just moved. The creature slowly raises its head and pulls aside the hair that's obstructing its view. It's some dude.

Hmm .. but my hair is not that long. Anyway, since two days ago I watched a youtube video on how media scares people, I think I see how the scenery might've been scary. Though, I usually feel comfy both in darkness and in light.

1 comment:

  1. Almost missed the X-Files episode. Just saw the end where some terrorists were praying, they were arrested and then there was some interesting philosophy.

    ReplyDelete