Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Saturday, September 18, 2010

Airshow

I thought I had the weekend for doing homework and practicing pk, but it seems it has turned out different. Kevin and Caspar came and we went to the airshow that was going on at the local aircrafts museum. We will be going there again tomorrow and hopefully get to enjoy a free flight over the town.

Edit: The flight was canceled due to stormy weather.

I'm happy that I had decided to go to the show. I saw cool planes and had the chance to feel a couple of helicopters take off. The weather was kind of off and we ended up having a lot of convenient coincidences - it started raining heavily when the show had ended. And it only rained when we were under some kind of a roof or in the car or something.

We came to my place afterwards and took some stasis-field attempts on the propeller with Kevin. Then Taavi invited us to go stargazing somewhere out of town. I made a joke about how we should start practicing turning off street lamps to keep them from lighting the surroundings too much. Ironically, some 10 meters ahead, there were 2-3 street lamps off. I don't know who did it, because I didn't even have much intent for actually doing something like that. It was the same for Kevin, but Caspar confessed of an attempt to turn a few street lamps off. Weird enough, these street lamps happened to be exactly where Taavi had intended to take us to (a relatively remote park).

Actually, before Taavi called, we had been stargazing on our balcony and when I was focusing the telescope on Jupiter, the surroundings got darker - the nearest street lamp (the one I once practiced on) turned off and then another.

No comments:

Post a Comment