Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lots of fun

Lots of fun stuff. Yesterday night we had a performance in Rakvere that at first seemed to have been destined for failure. We had forgotten most of our stuff at Tartu and the crowd was getting pessimistic already, but it all ended so that even we were really amazed at the show. Today was the first day of Tähe Family Days, which is more or less a science festival with all kinds of performances consisting of the most fun physics, chemistry, material science experiments.

Shooting bottle rockets filled with liquid nitrogen, shooting ping-pong balls with a vacuum cannon, blowing stuff up, shooting smoke rings over 10 meters tall building, playing around with Tesla generators, Van de Graaf generators and a lot more. Anyway, I saw exactly the same radiometer there (the same model that I had ordered). One of the instructors at the desk asked if I knew what it was and I replied: "Sure, I even ordered one home, but it hasn't arrived yet." She said: "Well, I'm sure it will arrive soon." An hour later I received an SMS that my package had arrived. Yay!

Physics theatre guys asked me to bring them our smoke machine at 15 PM. I totally forgot about it, because there was always so much to do. Then suddenly, when I was completely concentrated on what I was showing to the kids, it popped into my mind, piercing through all other thoughts I had in mind. I checked the clock - 15.01 PM. Quite accurate timing.

Father arrived at the scene when we had almost finished packing up the festival gear. We took the radiometer home. I put it on a shelf, just under the halogen lamp I considered most powerful. It started spinning slowly. I looked at the vines more closely and it stopped. Later I showed it to my sister as well and this time actually tried to stop it. It stopped again.

Today I noticed a few weird movements around me. The empty radiometer box seemed to have twitched slightly on its own. A moment after using the sink in the kitchen, a scoop or something suddenly moved so that I could hear it and see it in the corner of my eyes.

I remembered that yesterday I could feel areas with warmer air around me. Some of these areas or clouds or whatever they should be called were coming from inside me. Some of them came from nearby objects like an outdoor candle, an STM NE555N timer chip burning on a rocket delay detonator circuit.

For quite some years I'm amazed at how seldom I fall ill or get injured. A couple of years ago I used to be ill almost exactly twice per year (in January and in June). During the last couple of years though, I haven't been ill even once even though I have caught cold pretty often. I have never broken any bones, never had any surgeries, never had to take any pills and so on. I'm really happy about that, as it definitely makes achieving my goals a lot easier. The only times I have actually injured myself or fallen ill have all been when I have had insufficient sleep. Now that I think about it, I guess I have healed the worst diseases I've gathered before the need to go to a doctor.

One more thing that I thought I should post. Yesterday morning while walking to school, after having decided to practice levitation the previous night, I started feeling myself lighter. Even if just a little, I found walking and carrying laptop bag a lot less exhaustive than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment