Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, September 7, 2017

Mansion with a trolley

Read a reddit post about an old mansion becoming embedded into an office building yesterday evening.

Had a dream where I leaped off a skyscraper and flew to a nearby lake. Hadn't flown for a while (and didn't feel all too confident), so I aimed at the closest one. Landed somewhere on the street, and went exploring. A nice sunset over buildings with sandstone walls. Narrow alleys and small stores with neon lights and lit advertisements. I think I found a park with an old mansion converted into a museum. It was open, so I entered. I was busy observing the architectural details when an old friend greeted me. Haven't seen him for a long time. I commented that the architecture of the place is unusual. He nodded and said that the mansion actually consists of two buildings, while sketching a simple map onto the wall with his index finger. Logically, the buildings should be interconnected somehow, he said. I proposed that perhaps there's a small underground trolley between the two buildings. Somehow it seemed very typical, although I haven't seen such solutions in the waking life. I think he temporarily removed some parts of the floor or something, which revealed a low tunnel with a simple trolley. He did not want to test the trolley, afraid of an ambush on the other side (he has a military background). Learning everything he wanted to know about the place, he disappeared. So, I started putting back the removed pieces of the floor. A lady walked past the doorway, saying "Dear Lord" or something. I think she indicated how rude it had been of me to destroy the floor at the museum. In any case, the dream environment was not very stable anymore (things kept changing), and I guess that the museum was actually nowhere near the place with the skyscraper because the events happened during a cloudy day.

It's nice to randomly bump into old acquaintances whom I haven't even thought about for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment