Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, January 28, 2016

Signals

Sat and waited today morning, as I didn't want breakfast. Sat and waited. And stared .. at the old and heavy cupboard in the living room. The cat also sat and waited at the other end of the room and stared .. at me.

At some moment, the cupboard made a snapping sound. Then another object closer to me also made a snapping sound. The cat looked confused and a bit spooked. He looked at the cupboard, then at me, then at the other object and then at me again. This he repeated for a few times, then left the room.

A strange day. Didn't get much work done because the whole day was packed with meetings. Then somewhere in between the meetings, I filled the customs declaration and payed the VAT for the headset that I ordered. A bit frustrated at how much it cost me in total:
  • headset ~360 USD
  • EEG firmware ~300 USD
  • transport ~90 USD
  • 20% VAT ~150 USD
~900 USD? Wat.

Oh well. Another viewpoint: I'll receive it tomorrow and it's going to be worth every cent in hobby research and gamedev. This means the more it costs, the more it's worth ;-)

That was out of topic.

Today I noticed an exceptionally high sensitivity to subconscious signals. Moved my chair and as I heard the sound, I couldn't help but feel it was unwelcome. It turned out there was a TV interview with a colleague in the hall just around the corner. Then at some moment I suddenly remembered I had booked a thesis meeting with a student and he should've arrived by then. Hey'd him on Skype, asking where he was. Apparently he had just arrived through the front door. Thought of calling the other student as well, who had a related thesis work. Err.. almost bumped into him on the stairs.

While standing and waiting for a bus in the evening, I recognized a colleague seeing me from the distance without me seeing him. Wondered about it, when I saw him walking across the parking lot. It's a nice and stormy evening. Today he said "Fantastic weather," with 100% irony. I responded "Indeed," with full sincerity.

Recently I've been utilizing waiting for practising concentration and clarity of mind. I would picture myself standing like a warrior, who (and whose mind) is not swayed by anything. I would strictly follow rules (including those set by myself) just because I can, and find it as a way to discipline my mind. I used to practice this before the army training, but it's even a bit easier after that.

Lights flickered 3 times, with clicks of UPS triggering.

No comments:

Post a Comment