Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, February 28, 2016

Swaying in the waves of infinity

Took a bus to the capital to use the last chance to see Ryoji Ikeda's "Supersymmetry". First impression: "mildly interesting". I liked the way he presented the idea of particles forming crystal lattices.With lasers and stroboscopic light, I think he highlighted Heisenberg's uncertainty principle as well as the limitations of our technology in measuring these particles (need to take snapshots or integrate). Stepped into the second room. A lot of screens, showing the same thing - what we've learned about the physics of the universe at various scales (probably from Planck's length and time up to the size and age of the universe). Every now and then in the room, there were flashes of light going one way and reflecting back at a different speed. Guide said something about space and time flowing in different directions. General theory of relativity, perhaps? The light cone thing hasn't made too much sense to me, ever since secondary school. Then the pre-experiment tests and characterization measurements were illustrated. Me: "meh". Suddenly the experiment started and something "clicked". I realized the whole exhibition was being shown from the perspective of computers and technology (a sort of sterile, sad an neutral infinity). A sudden boost of inspiration and a bunch of emotions were released. Walked over to the guide again, to listen to the last part. Most of what the guide talked, wasn't that much related to the ideology or philosophy of the exhibition. It was mostly about the art, art philosophy and the biography of the artist. Apparently, Ikeda had managed to remain anonymous throughout the opening of the exhibition. (This made perfect sense to me.) Other artists had wanted to ask questions and comment, but never got the chance. (Somehow my body spontaneously made a sound of scorn. This sort of reaction was out of my role, so I felt embarrassed.)

A short introduction into channeling? In any case, serious respect towards Ikeda's group. The most deep and awesome exhibition I've experienced so far.

About a week ago I remembered the image of an ominous bell tower in the hometown. First time I saw it, I thought it wasn't real because it's not supposed to be there. Anyway, remembered it and had a tough time trying not to focus on it in the mind's eye. For me, the tower associates with a dark age in the present but similar to that during the medieval times. Suddenly it seemed way too easy to accidentally slip through. An "easy" portal to the lower realms?

Hmm .. I think the tower is only visible from two places (or even just one). Either from the church or from an apartment building next to a theatre. The apartment theatre and apartment building have been built on a field, which I remember from early childhood. Walked through the field with Mom one day, and I guess I had previously also visited the place in OBE or something. The place was exceptionally bright with golden light. Perhaps it's just two poles around a center (a mansion with yellow brick walls)?

Not sure what this is about, but each time I visit a museum or art exhibition, I become a bit disoriented. This time two girls went past me on the stairs and commented about the same effect. Each piece of art seems like a portal to a different realm. Perhaps it's this that causes the disorientation and confusion of the mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment