Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, February 12, 2016

Das Detachment

On Monday and Tuesday I had unconditional love, happiness and heat flowing round and about. On Wednesday there was a local peak in stress. On Thursday it transformed into a local peak in depression. It was a combination of many things:
  • Exponentially growing amount of work with a negative timeline.
  • One of the best colleagues in the project still severely ill (has been weeks) with no signs of getting better.
  • Have been missing deep sleep stages for some time (sleep deprivation).
  • Probably some of it from friends (M. Grubb's brother; and another friend with tough times), via empathy.
So, I had been working on detachment .. which wasn't all that successful, either. Today morning I sneezed once and felt something leave. Some kind of a dark cloud around me was gone (everything looked brighter and more colourful) and I felt a lot better. Felt like enjoying a 1.5 h hike to the meeting. Detachment had its effect and I couldn't help but notice again just how sad nature / Earth is. As a familiar side-effect to detachment, I could see the light that shines through everything and my emotions had an immediate effect on the weather. This yielded some cool weather phenomena:
  • Sky with high contrast - patches of thick clouds and cracks of clear sky.
  • Mild rainfall with thick clouds and a small opening where the sun shines through, producing a column of light.
  • Medium snowfall with the sun shining through.
In addition, focused detachment produced a feeling of weight-reduction, several realizations and flashbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment