Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, April 12, 2019

Canoe hike

Enjoyed a 3 h canoe hike with colleagues yesterday.

It was probably about +3 *C without sunshine (for most of the day, at least). I did not have waterproof pants and I had totally forgotten to take gloves. The paddles had metal handles. I also didn't have rubber boots. While being driven to the starting point, I tried to somehow mentally prepare the body for what it was about to experience.

Eventually though, had to even remove one of the jacket (had 2 jackets, a hoodie and a shirt) because it became too hot while paddling around. I was actually glad that I hadn't brought gloves - it would've probably been colder with wet gloves. Also decided to remove boots and socks because my feet were sweating and I know that when this happens, it's very easy to catch cold.

Overall, it was awesome and it only made my body feel so much better.

While on our way back home, I saw the sunset and thought of asking the colleagues whether they had heard about the green flash. Considered it too insignificant and kept blabbing on conspiracies and conspiracy theories. Then at some point looked back at the sunset and it had turned into a vertical beam. Pretty cool.

Dream: Chubby haxor

There was some kind of a chubby girl in front of an expensive PC setup who asked for my help in finding and fixing some bugs. I knew she was working on sinister software for getting through the security of some kind of services. She tried various different ways of attracting me towards the monitor to look at the code. Normally I try to avoid judging people and remain helpful no matter what. However, this time when I got to within a few meters, a tiny green snake started slithering towards me. While keeping my view fixed on the snake, I slowly backed up. The snake pushed me to a distance of what seemed like 20 or 30 meters. The snake looked friendly and did not have any intention of harming me, instead, it seemed as if it were guiding me out of danger.

Today morning it turned out that one of our servers had been hacked (some software-specific exploit).

No comments:

Post a Comment